We have all heard for a while now how AI is the future and the future is coming. Not only is the future coming but by all accounts, it is already here. That future includes chatbots, which have popped up everywhere from clothing sites to electricity providers. This includes our Clear Intelligence site (give it a click, we are quite proud of it!). Chatbots (or virtual assistants as their known to some) provide quicker interactivity with clients. In 2018, Gartner released an article detailing their top predictions in customer experience. Many of their statistics deal with AI and chatbots were quite eye opening, like:
- Twenty-five percent of customer service and support operations will integrate virtual customer assistant (VCA) or chatbot technology across engagement channels by 2020, up from less than two percent in 2017
- By 2022, two-thirds of all customer experience projects will make use of IT, up from 50 percent in 2017.
- By 2020, 30 percent of all B2B companies will employ artificial intelligence(AI) to augment at least one of their primary sales processes.
The question is not only where do you start but how?
Watson Assistant is an offering for building conversational interfaces into any application, device, or channel. Most chatbots try to mimic human interactions, which can frustrate users when a misunderstanding arises. Watson Assistant is more. It knows when to search for an answer from a knowledge base, when to ask for clarity, and when to direct you to a human.
Some benefits include:
- Watson Assistant comes pre-trained with industry-relevant content. It can make sense of your historical chat or call logs, and it has a visual dialog editor — meaning it’s never been easier to get started (developers not required).
- Industry-leading AI powers the underlying natural language models that understand your users and provides training recommendations as you build and run your assistant.
- You have the flexibility to deploy Watson Assistant on your site, in a mobile app, on the phone, in messaging channels, and to customer service tools. It supports 13 languages, so you can communicate more effectively and extend your global reach.
- You maintain control and ownership of your data and IP. Watson Assistant can live in an isolated cloud environment or on-premises, allowing you to build and scale across your business with a trusted, secure partner.
Recently Watson Assistant was named the leader in Forrester’s New Wave report on Conversational Computing. Watson Assistant could be used in your business to simplify certain processes, such as, checking sales for a certain store on last Tuesday, looking up a W-2 for a former employee, or helping employees sort and find information such as HR forms. Clear Intelligence was named a 2018 Watson Build Finalist and the solution we entered combined a number of Watson components one of which was a Watson virtual assistant named ClearBot. If you are interested in understanding the possibilities of Virtual Assistants in your business contact us today and challenge us to build you a demo bot in days!!